Commoneo is committed to incorporating leading environmental practices into its business strategy and operations and to fostering environmental awareness and responsibility among our stakeholders, including employees, clients and suppliers. Within the context of our business, Commoneo’ priorities are to:
- Encourage environmental awareness among our employees and provide appropriate training and information on Commoneo programs.
- Develop programs to harness employee enthusiasm and offer opportunities for employees to collaborate on our journey to improve environmental performance.
Clients and suppliers
- Engage with our clients to consider the environmental impact of how we deliver our work and support them in addressing their own environmental impacts.
- Consider environmental factors when procuring goods and services.
- Assess the environmental performance of our key suppliers to improve their environmental performance as well as ours.
Energy and Emissions
- Track carbon dioxide emissions resulting from Commoneo energy usage and business travel activities and implement a continual improvement program to reduce these emissions.
- Optimize energy usage in our office locations and data centers, including through efficient real estate operations, and consider renewable energy sources where feasible.
- Use collaboration technologies to reduce our need for business travel.
Waste and Water
- Measure waste generation and water usage where possible across our operations and conduct our business in a manner that aims to prevent pollution and minimize the consumption of natural resources.
- Promote reuse and recycling, including by seeking to recycle or recondition our PCs and mobile devices.
- Seek to minimize the waste we send to landfill from our operations.
Environment Management Systems
- Progressively obtain and maintain global certification to ISO 14001, the international standard for Environment Management Systems (EMS).
Legal and other Requirements
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements in the management of our operations.
In delivering on this policy, Commoneo is committed to a program of continual improvement and will set targets, measure progress against them and, where appropriate, share our key metrics with stakeholders. Targets will be reviewed annually to ensure they remain appropriate and achievable. Employees are expected to understand these practices and support Commoneo in executing them, including by participating in appropriate training and awareness activities. Commoneo has set a science-based target for zero greenhouse emissions by 2035.
Due to ongoing technological advancement, many of electronic products become obsolete within a very short period of time, creating a large surplus of unwanted electronic products, or “e-waste.” Disposing of e- waste in landfills has the potential to cause severe human and environmental health impacts. To avoid these risks, the Electronic Waste Recycling Act (Senate Bill 50) was signed into law in 2004. SB 50 established and funded a program for consumers to return, recycle, and ensure safe and environmentally sound disposal of covered electronic devices (CEDs).